Wednesday 20 November 2013

Feedback on Screenplay Obsession

We talked to our teachers after our second draft and they gave us some feedback such as :
  • To be more concise when describing the scene
  • Not to leave gaps in-between the name of the character and their dialogue
  • Add description to the type of transition
  • A change of phrase from 'Close-up of' to 'Montage of'. from this i know that I have to make my self familiar with the jargon involved with screenplay/script writing
  • My description on the scene needs to be precise, for example, I was describing how our opening credits would be distorted and went on to mention two possible ways to distort the text, however what I should have done is picked one rather than write both, as if the decision hasn't been made.
  • Common error such as punctuation, commas, capital letters ect. 
  • Another error was that I wrote 'Scene 1' because I wanted to show that in the films e are going back to the setting and situation of the first scene, however I was told that you can't go backwards with scene numbers, even though it is a continuation of the first seven, the cast and crew know it as scene 3.
  • Furthermore, I included camera shots and movement in my screen play, even though it shouldn't be included
  • In addition, I was advised to split the scene into two considering in the script, we are moving into a completely different setting with a different objective.
  • The last note was a reminder that we only have two mins, and considering that each page in a script corresponds to a minute in filming and my script was 6 pages long, I needed to condense it further
we were still told to include the revised script as it had camera shots and camera movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment